Minutes from the March 12, 2007
Representative Tamara Grigsby was warmly welcomed in her position as a elected worker for the neighborhood rather than just as a neighbor. She informed us of her successes with two new bills this past session as well as some of her frustrations in trying to make changes.
Child and Family Law, W2 and welfare reform, Rules Committee, Social Policy issues, Criminal
1. Drivers License Education Funding Clinic to assist young people in obtaining their licenses.
This should delete and reduce fines.
2. Children and Families - Badger Care also for single adults with no children
We need city nurses and we need them in the public schools.
3. Senior Care prescriptions
4. UWM -
Infrastructure on I94 in
consume lots of money.
1. We want change.
2. We want prevention rather than intervention.
3. We must have a reduction in crime.
1. Rummage Sale
being held at the
Admission is free. Tables are available for $10.00. Set-up on Friday from 2 - 6:00.
2. Martin Drive Rummage Sale is in early spring.
3. Annual Meeting will be May 14th.
4. Pat M. is working with Michael Murphy for the paint and rebate program.
5. April newsletter -
articles need to be sent to
6. Pat M. with assistance from Sharon W. has drawn a plan of action for our neighborhood.
7. Pat D. invited any interested neighbors to attend a meeting at the Third District Police Station on
Thursday, March 29th at 6:00 to learn of Mayor Barrett's plans for the safety of the city.
8. Our next meeting
will be Monday, April 2nd, at 6:30 at
Please note the change to the first Monday of the April.
Thanks to the 16 people who attended.
Tea Scones and the cookies were available.
Maggie B. 3/15/07