The twenty-four people present seemed determined to make the lives of the people in this neighborhood more productive by feeling safer. We heard reports from any number of people who had experiences to share that were anything but safe. Here are the recommendations:
· Leave your front and back porch lights on all night.
· Share phone numbers especially on your street so that you can use as a phone tree when there is a question about behavior of people outside your home, cars that do not belong, strange happenings, etc.
· There is strength in numbers. Think the reverse of "gangs". It is best if the police are called by more than one person about the same situation.
· We are the best response to our little world. We are the eyes and ears for the police. We
need to give them accurate and precise information.
· Remember that rumors are very damaging to individuals and to the neighborhood.
Halloween flyers are attached to your newsletter. Katrina and her
crew are looking for volunteers to sign up residents on Oct. 19 and Oct. 26 from 6:30 - 8:30 at 4301
Saturday, Oct. 22 will also be sign up day for those who can't make it in the evening. Jennifer will be there on Oct. 19th. Jim L. and Mary K. offered to be security monitors for Halloween. Obviously, many more helpers are needed.
Sharon and Lois
represented the walking group who decided to make a difference in the lives of
the people on
Reminder from the city - To save money in the budget, we have been asked not to rake our leaves until the middle of the month. That will mean less pick-ups by the city workers. Some people questioned why we rake. Any answers will be forwarded.
It appears that there is an effort to cut some of the landlord training allotment from the city budget. Although we know that Alderman Murphy is very supportive of the training, it might help to call other aldermen to voice your opinions about this item.
Emily notified us of another
meeting about nuisance properties that will be on Oct. 25th from 6:00 - 7:30 at
There will be a 3 on 3
Basketball Tournament this Saturday at the
Quest for the resident living the
longest in the Martin Drive Neighborhood goes on. Julia from
There are several places for rent
in the neighborhood. This venue is great for getting the best people in
the right places. The rummage sale scheduled for Oct. 29th at